Believe it or not even as hot as it is outside Fall will be here before we know it. Even next week in Georgia the temperature is going to drop from 90 degrees to the low 80's, possibly the low 70's. Our shipments of wonderful Fall/Winter colors have started to arrive and will be out after this weekend.
The rich new colors this season are beautiful! My favorite time of year as a 47 year old women starting to go through the enjoyable Menopause stages the heat is killing me. I mean hello, I have my own internal heat going on. I would rather any day have to put clothes on and layer up because I am cold then have to take off clothes that I am barely wearing to begin with, Right?
Oh yes, back to the colors:
Riverside a beautiful blue that undeniably takes precedence in the fall collections.
- Cool and calming, strong and stable
- Displays a subtle vibrancy and sophistication
- Borders on exciting, yet
- Maintains a sense of constancy
- Designers seeking weightlessness in a world heavy with conflict
- Blue tones appear in nearly half of the designs
- Airy Blue nods to Serenity
- Pair Airy Blue with Lush Meadow, Taupe or Dusty Cedar for a fresh approach
Sharkskin, is a deeper gray between Heather Gray and Charcoal Gray and yet it manages to remain neutral.
- Pair-able with almost any fall color, bright or muted
- A color that the rest of the palette can literally and theoretically rest on
- Showcases practicality through a dependable but contemporary lens
Aurora Red adds a welcome punch of color a much darker red with hints of brown.
- A bold Red that is warm, sensual and immediately pleasing to the eye
- Gets the metaphorical blood of the palette pumping
- Exciting and dynamic, breeds unmistakable confidence
Warm Taupe is a hearty, pleasing and approachable neutral that pairs well with each of the top 10 shades of the Fall 2016 season.
- Suggests reassurance and stability
- Trusted, organic and grounded
- Timeless color
Dusty Cedar gives a nod to the PANTONE Color of the Year 2016, Rose Quartez
- A fall and winter version of the Pinks we’re used to seeing in spring
- Dustier rose-toned Pink shade with some complexity
- Exudes warmth and welcome
Lush Meadow brings to mind fresh botanical and foliage. A rich yet shimmery green.
- Rich and elegant, vibrant and sophisticated
- This shade displays a brightness, panache and depth of color that elevates it from more natural greens
- Elevates the overall elegance woven through this season’s collections
Spicy Mustard is an exotic addition.
- Adds another splash of uplifting vibrancy
- A spicier, zestier Yellow than previous seasons
- Unexpected and unusual
- Comes through in both the abstract and geometric accents that designers employed
Potter’s Clay has an added degree of sophistication and layering.
- Elements of russet Orange in its undertones, gives a grounded feeling that’s anything but flat
- Neutral earth tone; expected for fall and winter palette
- A shade with real substance; a strong foundation
Bodacious speaks to the gender fluidity we continue to see.
- Lends itself to vibrant color combinations
- Versatile; can be used with Pinks and Reds
- Bright, rich Purple, with hints of a more sophisticated Pink
- Turns fashion accents into fashion statements